Cameron Memorial Community Hospital had its roots in two Angola hospitals. Cameron Memorial Hospital was founded in 1926 by Dr. Don F. Cameron. Elmhurst Hospital was established by Dr. Lester L. Eberhart in 1945. In 1972 the two hospitals were merged as one hospital, with the combined facility located at its present site at 416 East Maumee Street in Angola, Indiana.
Cameron Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access general community hospital. It is not governmental, and there is no tax support. Cameron is a not-for-profit facility.